Published March 2022
FFJ offers this summary report on the strategies and approaches that various movement actors are taking as they respond to safety and security concerns. It is our hope that this summary serves as a building block and resource to advance our collective learning and work on safety and security.
Table of Contents
Part I. Introduction & Goals
Part II. Session Briefs with Recommendations to Funders
- Session 1. History, Context & Defining Safety & Security
- Session 2. State Threats, Technology & Surveillance Capitalism, and White Supremacy & White Nationalists
- Session 3. The Far Right and White Nationalists
- Session 4. We Keep Us Safe! Community Defense Strategies, Part 1 (Healing Justice, Copwatch, Gendered Islamophobia, & Alternatives to Calling 911)
- Session 5. We Keep Us Safe! Community Defense Strategies, Part 2 (Digital Security & Movement Tech, Cultural & Arts Strategies, & Capacity Builders)
- Session 6. Movement and Foundation Relationships
Part III. Top Recommendations for Funders
Download the Report
To download the report, click here, or click on the report image below. You will be taken to another page and asked for a password. Please email us at email@example.com for the password.
Interested in viewing recordings of the institute sessions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note there is a fee for those who did not register for the original event. Those who registered will receive free access to the videos.