Founded in 1993, JAG (Joint Affinity Groups) is a network of collaborating affinity groups engaging over 20,000 professionals, who are committed to equity and social justice. JAG promotes a more just and equitable distribution of philanthropic resources to produce healthier communities with equal access to services and resources and equal opportunity for all.
JAG’s vision is to advance, align, and activate work that pursues more equity for diverse communities.
Advance: JAG advances equity in philanthropy through cutting-edge analyses that draw upon its partners’ experience, perspectives, knowledge, and values.
Align: JAG aligns the work of its partners and allies to build more equity for diverse communities by hosting convenings, pooling resources, developing intersectional strategies, and uniting upon shared interests.
Activate: JAG activates change in philanthropy and in diverse communities by collaborating, mobilizing partners and allies, and taking action that leads to equity
The following organizations are members of JAG:
- Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP)
- Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE)
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP)
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP)
- Native Americans in Philanthropy (NAP)
- Women’s Funding Network (WFN)